Saturday, September 19, 2009

View: Disney gets Naruto Shippuden

So for those who haven't heard yet, Naruto Shippuden is coming to Disney XD. What do I think of that? I'm not exactaly sure if it's a good move for fans of the show, but I think it's going to be good for the business. Read on to hear the pros and cons!

First off, this is an excellent business move. Even though Naruto is pretty popular (from what I hear) it'll get more popular here on. I mean really, it's Disney. You know, those people who make the sitcoms and cartoons that your kids watch? Yeah, it's them. They're slowly (IMO) taking over the entertainment business. I mean they just bought Marvel, people. Now Naruto. What next, something huge like...cable companies? Maybe they won't get that far in the next few years, but look out people. The possibility exists for anything.

Sono-ni, this will get more kids into anime. Which I think is a good and bad thing. That means the US anime companies (Funimation, Sentai, and old Genon) will have lots of business. But you know why this is a bad thing too? Because maybe people will get the wrong idea if they see a hentai and think all anime is that. >< So more people could be against it.

Now onto the cons. This is an obvious one. Censoring. You all saw that coming, right? Yeah. I know that there is going to be some censoring (blood, language, ect.) but hey, this is Disney. And if you can't deal with that, go buy the uncut DVD's that are everywhere. But still, censoring is bad IMO. Even if it's stupid like Citramon (Digimon) or something extreme that ruins a show (Kodomo no Jikan). But than again Disney (from what I know) is aimed at kids, and I don't think people older than say, 12, watch Disney. So kids probably wouldn't even notice it.

So what do you think? Is this good? Bad? I can't really say at this point until I actually see what they do with Naruto. Even though I'm not really a fan of it because it's long and filler, I'll give it a chance. It could be great, it could suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment